The main aim of this refurbishment was to change a couple of dark shady rooms into one larger area with increased natural light. An important factor was to create a large bright living space that would enable it to be used more effectively and to incorporate the book collection in a bespoke bookcase feature. This was achieved by converting a storage area on the side of the house into a side extension with a skylight.
At the same time, the Master Bedroom and en-suite bathroom at the front of the house were fully renovated.
This refurbishment and extension project included:
- Removal of the side storage area and creation of a side extension to enlarge the living space
- Removal of the chimney breast in the dining room and demolition of the wall between and the lounge and dining room to enlarge the area
- Installation of bespoke bookcases for the storage of the book collection
- In the Master Bedroom, wardrobes were removed on either side of the chimney breast where new shelving was installed and new bespoke wardrobes were re-positioned
- Complete renovation of the en-suite bathroom was undertaken.